We will discuss and try to elaborate in brief regarding the health insurance facilities provided by 3 great USA Organisations such as Amazon, Starbucks, and Walmart to its employees. But before that, we will try to explain how the whole health insurance procedure works.
These organizations (Amazon, Starbucks, and Walmart) provide lots of other benefits also to their employees apart from health insurance facilities. We will try to cover all these benefits in another post(s). We know that health is extremely important. That’s why it is said that “Health is Wealth” and in our view in today’s life health is the real wealth of any person.
But the same health is decreasing day by day due to unhealthy pollution and climate changes. To protecting that health every person needs the best health insurance facilities.
How health insurance works in us?
We will try to explain this with an example,
Just suppose you have some health issues related to the liver. You went to hospitals and take treatment in which doctor bills came to $ 2,00,000. But you had already taken the health insurance facilities a long year before your treatment.
Your Health Insurance Facilities Terms were :
- $ 2000 Deductibles
- 20 % Co-Insurance
- $ 4,000 Out of Pocket Limit
What are health insurance deductibles and how health insurance deductibles work?
Health Insurance deductible is the amount of premium you must pay in your pocket every year for your medical bills and medical needs before the insurance company comes to your rescue.
So in our example, for $2,00,000, you need to pay at first $ 2,000 as deductibles. It means as per your agreed terms you will need to pay the whole deductibles from your own pockets.
After Deductibles then comes Co-Insurance.
What is Co-insurance?
Co-insurance is nothing but the cost-sharing requirements for any medical bills between you and your health insurance facilities provider organization.
In co-insurance, you will pay the part of the medical expenses, and the remaining part is paid by your health insurance facilities provider organization. It can be any percentage of total medical bills as per terms and conditions decided at the time of taking health insurance facilities.
In our example, it is 50% of the total medical bills and total medical expenses. Rest 50% is paid by the health insurance coverage provided and until your out pocket limit is reached.
What is Out of Pocket Limit?
The out-of-pocket limit is the maximum amount of premium you can pay out of your pocket for medical expenses. It is decided at the time of taking health insurance facilities. In Our example, it is $4,000. This means that you have to pay $4,000 maximum amount and the rest of the $196000 is paid by your health care providers.
if you are still confused with how health insurance work in the USA. you can contact your health insurance providers for more information. they will guide you regarding each and every aspect of health insurance.
Amazon Health Insurance Facilities
What Health Insurance does Amazon offer ?
- They basically offer health insurance facilities for medical, prescription drugs, dental problems, and vision issues (if any).
- They give health insurance facilities to every employee who works for them atleast 20 hours in a weak.
- For Health Insurance Facilites employees, level, position and tenure is irrelevant if he/she works for atleast 20 hours in a weak.
- Your seniority level is not an issue. But you must be a regular employee of Amazon.
- They also offer counseling services and medical advice that is open 24/7.
- If you are from Washington State, then you also have an additional facility in which nurses can also visit your home for your health treatment with the help of their virtual clinic. named as, Amazon Care.
- They pay medical paid leaves. if the employee is seriously ill. This means your salaries will not be deducted and this is in addition to the medical accommodations. For more information, one can visit the amazon official website. by clicking here.
How many hours do you have to work at Amazon to get health insurance facilities?
Every employee who works for 20 hours in a weak is completely eligible for Amazon Health insurance facilities. In many cases, all the amount is paid by Amazon (Subject to terms and conditions) and fully funded towards medical insurance. Health Insurance Facilities covers medical, vision, life, disability as well as dental care-related facilities.
Does Amazon provide health insurance for drivers?
Drivers or Delivery partners who are residing in California will be eligible for occupational accidental insurance. which means if any accident occurs then Amazon will help in that case. Amazon will also provide health care subsidy benefits.
Amazon will provide payment for vehicle expenses like petrol, diesel expenses, or similar other expenses to its delivery partners/ drivers as well as overtime income (if any) if a person is attached with Amazon Flex.
Does Amazon offer health insurance to part-time employees?
Yes, part-time employees are also eligible for amazon health insurance facilities, but if they work for 20 hours or more in weak for Amazon. They are eligible for all the benefits of medical, dental, life, disability, and vision-related health care facilities like full-time employees. In this case, also all the expenses are borne by Amazon.
Does Amazon Provide free health insurance facilities?
Amazon had their Provincial health care plans. In addition to these provincial health care plans, amazon does provide additional and extended dental care and health care benefits at no cost. In which lots of things are covered such as paramedical services, eyes-related or vision-related services, orthodontia, medical equipment, and other similar things may also be provided.
Who is Amazon Health Insurance Company?
As far as we know as far as it is said by Christina Farr in February 2020, Amazon Care’s (Amazon Care is the organization of Amazon that take care of medical-related issues of its employees and others) caretakers, nurses, physicians, paramedical staff all are employed and managed by a separate subsidiary named as Oasis Medical.
Starbucks Health Insurance Facilities
What Health Insurance does Starbucks offer?
- Anyone who is working at least 20 hours in a weak in Starbucks is eligible for health, life, and accidental insurance in their organization.
- In Starbucks no one is employee. Because in Starbucks each employee is considerd as partner of the organization.
- Hospitalization, lab tests and x-rays, office visits, emergency care, prescription drugs, mental health, and chemical dependency treatment all are included in their medical-related health care facilities.
- In Starbucks, all the health insurance facilities-related issues are handled and taken care of by Premera Blue Cross Organisation which is the largest health plan in the Pacific Northwest.
- Premera covers all dental, medical, life, disability, vision-related issues of Starbucks partners.
Medical Health Insurance Facilities and other facilities
- Hospitalization, office visits, lab tests and x-rays, emergency care, prescription medicines, as well as mental health, and chemical dependence therapy are all covered under their medical health insurance facilities.
- Acupuncture, chiropractic care, and homeopathic therapy are among the therapies which are covered under their other health-related facilities.
- The availability of these plans is determined by the location of a partner’s residence as well as the closeness of healthcare providers in each plan’s network.
- Premera Blue Cross (It is the medical care provider of star bucks) handles the Premera Silver, Gold, Health Savings Plan, and Hawaii Plan, which are offered to all qualified partners of Starbucks in the US.
- In Hawaii, partners can choose between the Premera Hawaii Plan and the Kaiser Hawaii Plan.
Life Insurance as Health Insurance Facilities
- Starbucks provides basic life insurance coverage to its all eligible partners.
- Salaried and non-retail partners can choose one-time yearly base salary coverage. There is an automatic deduction from the salaries of the employee/partner who is eligible and willing to take the life insurance.
- There is a limit of deduction which is up to the Basic salary of the employee.
- It means an employee/partner can set off his/her life insurance premium plans up to the basic salary amount.
- An amount of $5000 is offered to retail partners in the form of basic coverage.
- Supplemental insurance is available for $10,000, $25,000, and $45,000 in fixed monetary increments. Life insurance for a spouse or domestic partner, as well as dependant children, can be purchased at discounted group rates.
- Health Insurance Facilities in case of Disability
- When a spouse is unable to work due to a sickness or accident or any similar reason, their disability plan coverage offers a partial replacement of lost income.
- For example, if the person is not able to work for any reason for 10 days. and their 10 days wages are $100. They can recover part of $100, let’s say a person can recover $50 not the full $100 if he/she is covered in the disability coverage.
- If a partner is unable to work owing to a non-occupational complete medical disability, short-term disability (STD) pays them a portion of their income for up to 26 weeks.
- After a little waiting period, benefits begin to accrue. (Instead of short-term disability, partners working in Hawaii can get Temporary Disability Health Insurance Facilities.)
- After a short-term disability has ended, long-term disability (LTD) pays a portion of your income.
- Starbucks pays the entire premium for both paid and non-salaried partners. LTD health insurance facilities are available for retail hourly partners.
- All partners who are eligible for benefits are covered for accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) also.
Premera Blue Cross administers their coverage, which includes preventive, basic, and major dental treatments as well as orthodontia.
Exams, lenses, frames, and contacts are all included in this package. Vision Services Plan manages a nationwide network of eye doctors (VSP).
Accounts for Reimbursement
- Health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts are available to retail salaried and nonretail partners who qualify for benefits.
- Partners can set away pre-tax payroll deductions for qualified health care expenditures using these accounts.
- The Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (DCRA) enables partners to contribute up to $2,500 per year (if you’re married and filing separately) or $5,000 per year (if you’re single or married and filing jointly) to pay for qualified dependent daycare expenditures.
- The Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) allows you to make annual contributions of $100 to $2,500 to cover qualified out-of-pocket health care expenses.
Program for Employee Support (EAP)
- This program offers short-term counseling for stress-related issues, emotional challenges, workplace critical situations, and other personal concerns, such as financial, legal, and day-to-day living issues (resources on child care, elder care, school information, and more are covered in these Programs).
- Regardless of benefits status, EAP services are accessible to all US partners and their qualifying families.
The CUP (Caring Unites Partners) Fund
- It is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing together people who care about each other
- The CUP Fund is a financial support program that assists Starbucks partners who are facing financial hardship as a consequence of the
- sickness of a partner,
- the death of a partner or
- the death of a family member,
- or hardships due to any natural disaster(s), or
- other unforeseen events.
- The Only Condition is that applicants who are requesting financial assistance must be Starbucks partners.
Assistance With Adoption
- Starbucks helps all those partners who want to adopt Starbucks financially. Starbucks partners who qualify for benefits may be entitled to up to $4,000 in reimbursement to help with qualifying adoption fees.
- Partners may also be entitled to the Adoption Allowance benefit, which substitutes up to two weeks of salary for time off required to pick up and/or settle an adopted kid in the partner’s home. For more details, you can click here.
Does Starbucks offer good health insurance ?
Starbucks provides excellent health insurance facilities. Even silver-level healthcare services are available. However, if you or one of your dependents suffers from a chronic illness, such benefits may not be sufficient.
What is the Cost of Starbucks health insurance facilities ?
They provide health insurance facilities at a cheaper cost to their partners. Eligible partners can purchase partner-only Silver coverage for $42 per paycheck, compared to $79 for hourly employees at competing retailers. For more details, you can contact Starbucks.
When did Starbucks start offering health insurance?
Starbucks begins offering complete insurance coverage to eligible full- and part-time employees in 1988, including domestic partnership coverage.
Does Starbucks health insurance cover family?
Starbucks was one of the first U.S. merchants to provide full- and part-time partners (workers) and their families reasonable and comprehensive health insurance. Couples who work a minimum of 20 hours per week have the choice of two high-quality health plans.
Walmart Health Insurance Facilities?
Few of the Following health benefits are offered by Walmart under health insurance facilities. In addition to these Walmart also offers Life Insurance as well as Accidental Insurance facilities. In Walmart, there is no employees concept rather anyone working with them is called by Walmart as its associate.
- The Pharmacy Benefits
- The Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Health Benefits under COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act).
- Critical Illness Insurance
For More Information, you can click here
You can also call their support team for each and everything about their plan and for getting the full list on this contact number
We had tried to elaborate on the health insurance benefits by Walmart with the help of often asked FAQ’s
What is the cost of Walmart Health Insurance Facilities? Is it Affordable ?
- Walmart offers extremely affordable health insurance and health care facilities.
- Their Medical Insurance, as well as dental and vision plans, start at $30.50 every pay period.
- There is coverage for domestic partners also.
- They Provide Doctor-On-Demand.
- Doctor-On-Demand provides colleagues with Walmart medical plans with affordable, nationwide virtual access to health care providers for just $4 peruse.
How many hours a week do you have to work at Walmart to get insurance?
Minimum 30 hours a weak for 60 days (On average) is a pre-condition or pre-requisite for Part-time and Temporary Associates for becoming eligible for Walmart Insurance Benefits.
Does Walmart Vision Center accept Medicaid?
- Yes, Medicaid is accepted.
- Medicaid is accepted at some Walmart Vision Centers, but may not be accepted at all the centers.
- However, eyesight benefits differ from MCO to MCO, as some offer more comprehensive insurance.
How much is health insurance a month for a single person?
For a single adult without dependents living in NSW, a Basic coupled Hospital ($750 Excess) and Extras coverage will cost between $110.50 and $142.30 per month (April 2021).
You can also get knowledge about the world’s largest health insurance scheme by the Indian Government by clicking here.
Or else you need information about Auto Insurance is in one of the great USA organization. You can click here.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as review, criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education, and research.
We had added the Amazon, Star Bucks, and Walmart logos for review and discussion purposes and in good faith. If the organization’s owners object to it they can contact us. We will remove it within 48 hours. The Credit of all logos goes to their respective Organisations and their team members such as Amazon, Star Bucks, and Walmart.